kids do wonders!!
Today i had a wonderful time with the kids. It's us, 7 cathechists against 120 kids. Thank God there are parents who didn't mind helping us out, if not it would have been CHAOTIC.
But aside from having great time with them, there is one other thing that I would want to thank God for which is for still having my parents around. What's the link between that to the one day camp you may asked.
We brought the kids out for a tour around the church this afternoon and one of the pitstop is the columbarium. Since I was done with my "duty", I followed the last group to the columbarium cause I have never been there myself. As I was walking there one of the boys asked me if he could visit his father's urn. I was rather taken aback by the question, so I said "sure, you may go". So as the other kids were touring around the columbarium, with perhaps half of them being first timers as myself, I noticed this particular boy walked to the end of the room and stood in front of his dad's tablet. I stood rooted to the spot as I watched him talking to his dad and had his tears trickling down his cheeks. He spent a good 15 mins there and even when the others were told to move out of the room, I stood by him. I saw that the boy's dad had passed away 2 years ago i.e. when this particular boy was only a primary one!! My eyes were teary too as I watched this episode and made me think "What would I do if I lose one of my parents?"
Honestly I would be lost. Cause no matter how far away my parents are at times, they are still my pillar of strengths. I know that no matter how bad a situation is, I can always count on them to be my cheerleaders at the sidelines. Even though they tend to not comment much when I pour my hearts out to them, they will still advice me at other times cause they fully understand that I can be annoyed if their words are against me. My parents also have strong belief in me and encouraged me to aim the highest in the last birthday card they gave me.
I am really sorry for those times that I take my parents for granted. So for all those times that I have hurt you mom and dad, I am trully sorry. As a way of apologizing to them and being grateful for having them, I treated them dinner just now! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment